Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lucky

I think I have said this many, many, many times that I feel so fortunate to be able to make a living while having my children at my side.  Is it always easy?  No.  And, there are some days that I complain.  But, then there are days like this that remind me how fortunate of a set up I have.  Yes, I know.  I am very, very, very lucky.  I thank God everyday for giving me this.

Because, I don’t think I would be able to not see my kids all day long, everyday.  I just had to say good bye to Chad (Annabel isn't old enough to understand) until Friday for a business trip.  Man, I love that kid and will miss him.  He is my buddy.  We are a team.  I know he is in good hands, this post is not about that, because I have not worries about that.  It is about the fact that I do not go places without my kids!  I take my kids everywhere – including just about every bathroom trip.  I do not even go to the bathroom by myself.  Yes, I will miss Annabel too, of course, but it really tugs at your heart strings to hear your child say, “Mommy, this is the worst day ever – you are leaving!”

But, of course, I reminded him of all the cool things he will get to do while I am gone – watch TV with dinner, Daddy will read him Monster Fighters books (I refuse) and other fun things he doesn’t get to do when Mommy is around!  And, of course that I will see him on Friday…AT DISNEYWORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment