Again, this blog is somewhat about my thoughts and feelings and I cant really express this anywhere else tonight so I will express it here.
We entered a contest for work a while back. We had to produce a video. The “winners” and I say winners because you don’t really win anything except for the recognition amongst your peer groups and good bull (as we say at A&M) amongst the people you work for knowing that you took your time, energy and money to participate in their contest. In other words, if they are going to have to fire people, it is probably not going to be the winner of their contest.
So, I always knew the winner was going to be announced here in Denver. I had no idea how many videos were submitted. Today, they showed some of the videos. They did not show ours. I did know enough from last year that they show the winners on the last day – tomorrow. I did hear that a total of 15 videos were submitted.
Tonight at the reception we had, I overheard them saying that they all picked their top 5. 4 were shown today and the final winner will be shown tomorrow.
So, here’s the bottom line folks. We either won or we sucked balls.
Update: We WON! I was so excited. The folks from PEMCO said they all loved the video. I got lots of compliments. It made all of our hard work worth it. My friend Jennifer Scott kept telling me, “DON’T CRY, DON’T CRY, DON’T CRY.” I did have tears in my eyes but I got myself under control before I had to go up on stage.
Here's hoping you win! Sucking balls stinks! ;)
ReplyDeleteOmg!! Yay!! I want to see it!
ReplyDelete