Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Troopers

With a capital T.  My kids deserve the troopers of the year award today.  Of course, I am in Denver and we get a new property to go and look at on the south side of Houston.  There was no time for Craig to go and view the  property before he had to pick the kids up from school.  So, he picked them up, got them a snack and took them with him to the property.  Of course, weather is crappy so the drive takes longer.  Poor Annabel falls asleep but both kids were troopers.  This is not an ideal situation.  Craig and I are usually able to arrange our schedules so our children really don’t even know we “work.”  We work when they are asleep or at school and arrange it so that one of us can always be with the kids.  I feel really, really  bad that we had to do this to them today. But, unfortunately, today we had no choice.  We don’t have family close so we couldn’t call on them.  Most of our friends work.  So, only choice was to load up the kids and take them with him.  So, A+ for the kids today for being such good little real estate helpers to daddy!

Oh, and A+ to Daddy for getting Annabel all dressed and ready for Mothers Day Out (or, should I be PC and say “school?)  this morning.  Yes, I laid out the clothes I wanted her to wear but only because I am a control freak when it comes to that.  Craig was so worried about her hair. I showed him how I do it (in my limited experience in dealing with girls hair – hello – this is a reason I have a short bob haircut) and he practiced and I think he did just great! 

annabelpumpkin

Craig is doing an excellent job with the kids…hopefully he wont decide he can live without me!  I need the job security!

(Just got a text message from Craig – apparently Annabel took her diaper off and pooped on the floor.  Maybe my job is secure afterall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment