Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Karate

We have been thinking and pondering which extra-curricular activity to put Chad in.  He was in soccer for about 2 seasons and didn’t like it much.  And, when I asked him if he wanted to play soccer again he said no.  I asked him about t-ball.  Nope, didn’t want to do that either.  He said he wanted to run and swim.  Well, that’s great but swimming is not really year round and lessons are only 1 time per year and running is great (I love it) but not really a sport that they have “coaching” for at 4.  So, I asked him if he wanted to do Karate.  You should have seen his eyes light up – “Mommy, I can be a Ninja?”  Sure Chad, you can be just like a ninja.  So, it was settled – Karate it is.

A small mortgage payment later for equipment and lessons for 7 months – today was his first class.  We have classes for 30 minutes – 4X per week.

He loved it.  He listened to the instructor.  He didn’t try to do ninja on other kids.  He didn’t just run around the classroom like a crazy man.  He really loved it.  I hope think this will work out just fine.

He even earned his white belt today!

IMG_2438
IMG_2439

IMG_2445

IMG_2448

IMG_2449

IMG_2450

IMG_2451

IMG_2456

IMG_2460

IMG_2464

IMG_2466

IMG_2470

IMG_2471

IMG_2474

IMG_2475

IMG_2476

IMG_2479

IMG_2480

IMG_2482

No comments:

Post a Comment