Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

General Update

1. Sleep program going well: Chad is only waking up briefly before his feeding. He cries for only about 2 minutes and then goes back to sleep. Craig is being a trooper about getting up -- minimal complaining from husband, minimal crying from baby -- life is good.
2. Craig is watching Chad on Thursday night while I volunteer at the church and Friday night while I am at bunco. This will be a good test for both Craig and Chad to be away from Mommy. One strategy I have encouraged Craig to use is to have a shirt of mine on him so Chad can still smell me. Sometimes I get discouraged (as does Craig) because Craig comments, "All he ever does when he is around me is cry." I told Craig to forget the past we are starting a new day! Any suggestions anyone else has would be welcomed! We are willing to try anything.
3. We are going to try a Gymboree class this Thursday. It is from 12:00 - 12:45 which is in between his naps so it is perfect. He will get to be around kids his own age and they do age appropriate developmental things. I am going to take him this Thursday to see if we like it and if we do, Craig is going to start taking him to the Saturday class. (Again, minimal complaining from him) I am hoping that I can work with the teacher and tell her the things we are trying to work on with Chad and she will be able to help. For example, if she needs a "volunteer" child, maybe she will use Chad so he will get used to other people holding him. Or, there might be another mom that is having the same issue with her child and maybe I can take her child for the class and she can take Chad. Or, I might be dreaming...it could be a HUGE disaster. I choose hope...

Next week we take Chad in for his six month photo shoot. I am wondering what I am going to do with all these pictures but I know we are going to be so thankful we captured all of these moments. Can't believe 4th of July is next weekend!! We are headed to Dallas for the weekend. Chad needs a good Grandparent fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment