I can not believe how big Chad is getting and how he progresses in things everyday! First, operation "Sleep in your own damn bed" (as Craig has named it) is going well! If he wakes up when we put him in his crib (which is usually between 7:30 - 8:00pm) he only cries for about 4 minutes. Sometimes it takes him as long as 20 to fall asleep but he is not crying. He wakes up briefly around midnight -- I am guessing that this is when he decides to sleep on his tummy and he can't roll over yet without waking up, and then around 4:00am if he wakes up I go and get him to feed him. At that point, he is probably hungry and I am about to explode so it works well for both of us! Yes, we are still nursing. We are very proud of ourselves that we have made it this long!!
Chad loves playing with toys. Since we started the sleep program, we have found he is better able to entertain himself. We will put him in this little chair that has toys all around it and he will stay in that sometimes up to an hour playing with the toys and watching cartoons. I have watched more cartoons these past couple of weeks than I have my entire lifetime. Craig is super excited because he loves cartoons.
As I mentioned above, he rolls not only from back to front but from front to back now. He does not roll from front to back as easily or regularly as back to front but he is getting there.
We had to take Chad to the doctor this week because he has a cough. Luckily, he did actually cough while we were in the doctors office so she could hear him and it is nothing. He ears are clear, he lungs are clear, he throat is fine. She said it could be the extra saliva with him teething or he it could a new sound he can make so he has decided to make it all the time. By the way, everyone tells us he is teething but I see no signs of teeth -- thank goodness because as I mentioned above, I am still nursing.
Chad used to cry all the time as everyone knows. Now, he hardly cries at all -- even in the car. It is quite pleasant but still a lot of work and yes, one child is probably enough for me...at least for the foreseeable future!
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July. We are headed to Dallas to see my folks. I am very thankful that Craig is always here with me so I have a travel companion!! We love Daddy Craig!! I will try and take a bunch of photos and post to the blog next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment