Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back from the Ozarks

We are going to make this interactive again! Allison is in black, Craig is in red!

We got back from Missouri yesterday and we had a great weekend. We spent some great family time with Poppy (Grandpa Bryce)! My step-sister Abie and her family got to meet Chad for the first time and I got to meet two of her kids for the first time. It was a lot of fun. This was a good trip. It was nice to be able to relax and forget about work for a little bit. Thank you Bryce and Val for a much-needed break. We all look forward to next time!

Chad was a fantastic baby -- not one single melt down. He did pretty well sleeping although he did end up in our bed most of the night. I figure that is to be expected being in a new place. But, last night he was back in his bed at 7:30pm and slept until about 3:00am. He took a good morning nap and as we speak is taking a good afternoon nap as well. Needless to say, we are all exhausted after the weekend. I'll admit it. I was shocked. Given Chad's past history of random meltdowns, this came as a pleasant surprise. I recall the look on some people's faces as were entered the gate area at the airport. I know that look. I've used that look myself. It was the unmistakable 'holy crap there's going to be a baby screaming for the entire flight'. Well, naysayers, it just wasn't so. In fact, I caught more than one person sneak a smile when little Romeo smiled at them. It was pretty easy and kinda fun, actually. Keeping him still was another matter, one that neither of us were able to figure out.

Table Rock Lake held a lot of "firsts" for Chad:
1. First plane ride
2. First boat ride
3. First golf cart ride
4. First time to leave Texas
5. First time in the lake
6. First time (and probably the last) of seeing daytime high's in the 70's in the middle of July
7. First time eating at a floating restaurant. This may have been my first time, too, now that I think about it.

WOW! What a weekend. Thank you for Poppy and Nana for their great hospitality. Below are some photos from our adventures.





























2 comments:

  1. The airplane window pic with Chads hands on it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that airplane picture too!!! I took Adi on her first airplane trip at about that same age but I haven't yet ventured with kiki! When am I going to see my handsome nephew again?? I'm having withdrawls!

    ReplyDelete