Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What Chad knows!

At 17 months, Chad can point to the following body parts:
1. Toes
2. Head
3. Mouth
4. Tummy
5. Ears (that is our newest)
6. Weiner (yes, we are very proud)
Chad is also very good at showing his muscles. He can do it on command and makes a very funny face.

He knows what a cow says (mmmmmmmm) and we are working on other animals as well.
We also ask him if something is good and he says mmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds the same as what a cow says but he understands the difference even though it is the same sound right now. I am sure it sounds different to him.

He says the following words regularly:
Dada
kitty cat
puppy
thank you
please
Chad
Dustin
GG
la la
out
up
down
bite
bye bye (along with the hand motion of waving
kiss
ball
swim
shoe
stinky
hot
eat - this word is very important to him
drink
As I write this list, I keep thinking of others that he says!! Oh, one word that he does not say on a regular basis -- mama. But, he can say Allison so I am just teaching him to say that. I figure if you can't beat em, join em.
Besides those words that I understand, he talks constantly in his own language!

Chad can also understand pretty much everything you say or tell him to do. If you say get your shoes, he will go and find his shoes and sit down to let you put them on. If you tell him to turn around, he will turn around. If you ask him if he wants to go outside, he goes to the door. If you tell him to sit down, he will sit down. It is like switch came on at 17 months!

We got the cute jeans huggies diapers. It is nice for the summer because if we are home we can let Chad just run around in his diaper - it is nice and cool but still CUTE!! I tried to get some pictures of his butt so everyone can see how cute they are but it is hard with a 17 month old that never wants to stand still. (And wants to play with the camera)














Chad's best friend is the cat. As you can see, the cat is very tolerant of Chad. In one picture, you will see that Chad is on all 4's, all of his weight, entirely on the cat. The cat just sits there and takes it. Does not move and certainly does not scratch Chad. Every once in a while, I will hear a "meeeeoooooooowwwww."






















Me and my little buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment