Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No Nappin' Chad

Well, it official, the baby has won, the Mommy has lost, I give up. I no longer care if Chad naps. I don't care when, I don't care how long. I have finally accepted the fact that Chad does not like to nap and just wants to be a fussy baby all day.

Can you tell the napping is not going well and I am frustrated?

Once upon a time, there was a baby named Chad who napped in his swing. He took regular, long naps. All was well and we had a happy family with minimal fussing. Then, Chad grew and grew and grew until he could no longer take naps in his swing. So, his Mommy started putting him in his crib and now he sleeps for about 5 minutes and screams the rest of the nap until his Mommy goes in and gets him.

Everyone told me to let him "cry it out." Everyone said that it would only take 2-3 days before Chad got the message that he needed to go to sleep. Well, it has been 3 weeks and he does not understand. He is either a very slow learner or a very stubborn child. He will not cry himself to sleep. He will sit up in his crib and scream...and scream...and scream...

If anyone has any suggestions, I will happily listen and try them. Until then, I have given up!! If he gets fussy, I try and put him down for a nap but if he starts to scream, I just go and get him up. I am done fighting with the 8 month old because there is no doubt in my mind who will win and it is NOT the Mommy.

Of course, the moment I go for a run and put him in the jogging stroller (which I assume feels like the swing) this is what happens:
On a good note, the nights are going fairly well. He goes down between 7:00pm - 7:30pm and sleeps most the night. He does not fuss at all at bedtime. He is still waking up at least once but only fusses for about a minute and puts himself back to sleep. Oh, and yes, he is sleeping in his crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment