Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Boys and their toys!

Over the past month and a half Chad has really gotten into his toys. His loves to sit on the living room floor and play! If I turn on the TV as well, it will keep him occupied while I make dinner, fold a load of laundry and other chores. He loves it when we will sit and play with him. He does not have a favorite toy but loves anything he can stick in his mouth. I try and keep the toys disinfected but I know a few germs won't hurt him either. Chad is having his first play date today. A little boy named Will, who we met at Gymboree lives in our neighborhood, is coming over to play. Will is only 3 days older than Chad so it is wonderful to have someone who is almost the exact same age coming over to play.
Chad is perfecting his crawling and getting faster and faster. Almost the exact same time that he started to crawl, he figured out how to sit up on his own. We have had to move the dog bowls to a new corner that he has not discovered yet (I do not think he has eaten any dog food yet but I did have to change 2 outfits that were soaked because it is fun to play in the dog water) and we have had to be extra careful to make sure stuff is picked up off the floor -- such as when you are cutting lettuce and drop a few pieces! By the way, Chad does not like plain lettuce.

Mom and Chad will be holding down the fort Saturday night while Craig goes to the first Texans game of the season. Don't feel sorry for us though for having to stay home, we already have a date with some neighbor friends to go out to dinner!! And, that sounds a lot more fun to us than sitting in the parking lot when it is almost 100 degrees out and then watching football!! I am sure one of these days that will sound like fun to Chad as well but NEVER to the Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. It's a little heartbreaking when they suddenly don't need your attention Every. Waking. Second.

    The biggest consolation for that is the bit of peace that you gain to actually accomplish something or to just sit and enjoy that cup of tea while it's actually still hot.

    ReplyDelete