In the midst of the Annabel 2nd birthday extravaganza, I wanted to make sure I sat down and wrote this before I forgot.
As I was walking out the door yesterday to run errands I got a call and it came across on my cell phone as, “Jamie, Chad’s teacher.” Oh great.
I answered and said, “Well, he cant be in trouble at school since he is at home getting in trouble!” She just laughed. She said she wanted to call me about 2 things.
First, she said that I was not my normal chipper self when I picked Chad up yesterday and she wanted to make sure I was OK. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..How Sweet. I told her I didn’t notice that and everything was fine. I would have to just be super chipper next time I picked him up.
Second, she wanted to let me know why Chad was sitting at the table and not with the rest of the group yesterday at pick-up time. I told her I hadn’t even noticed but told her to please go on with her story.
Apparently, Chad is a talker. She said he tried putting different people next to him (for example, boys typically wont talk to girls when they put them next to boys) but Chad will talk to anyone….about Spiderman. Girls, boys, people he knows from last year, new friends, anyone. All about spiderman.
So, I told her we would reinforce at home that circle time is for quiet.
Oh, Ms. Jamie said that as Chad was walking past her on his way to the table he stopped and gave her a hug. She said she then felt bad for sending him but apparently it didn’t bother him one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment