Annabel’s furniture finally came in (No, still have not sold the other stuff, God is seriously testing me on this one) and it is super cute. They delivered it and set everything up so on Friday afternoon while Chad was at Spanish camp and Annabel was supposed to be napping, I made the beds (I had already washed the sheets) and got everything put back in her drawers and sorted through a bunch of summer clothes I either wanted to sell or donate. So, everything was done for Friday night.
In case you didn’t already know, Annabel had been sleeping with us. How this happened you may ask? Well, it was just kind of organic. When she would wake up in the middle of the night to nurse, I would just lay down, let her nurse while I “slept.” Then, she would just fall asleep too. It was the only way I got any rest. Then, it just became that she thought that was her bed. And, oh, she loves to snuggle. She would snuggle with me all night long and I am not going to lie – I loved it and already miss it. Sometimes she would wake up in the middle of the night and we would just talk. Then, we we got tired again, we would just go back to sleep. Wouldn’t trade this time I had with her for anything.
But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Craig was getting tired of having a kid in our bed and my attempts to let Annabel and I stayed in our bed and him move were to no avail.
As I said before, Friday night was the first night, and I was nervous. I was prepared to be up and down all night with her. But, she slept all night and didn’t wake up until 7:45am. I am pretty sure her not napping on Friday helped with this since she was dead beat tired. But, I knew that the first night when changing something is always the easiest because it is new. I knew Saturday night would be the trial. Nope, slept all night Saturday night too! Couldn’t believe it. Sunday night, she did wake up once but I was able to pat her back to sleep and then she was fine. Monday night – she slept all night too. So, I guess she loves her little bed!
Here is a picture from the second night with her all snug in her bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment