Annabel’s 1 year birthday party was held today. Of course she technically does not turn 1 year until the 13th which is in the middle of the week so we could either have had it early or late and since this date worked better for family, we hosted it today.
WOW! What a great time we had. All of our family (we did miss Aunt Melissa, Uncle Doug, Talon and Logan) was able to come which was so nice. And, it is such an honor and blessing when I looked around the room and saw all the good friends we had that came to help us celebrate our little princesses birthday.
Friends walked in the door and were greeted by the Happy Birthday Annabel sign.
Here are a few pictures of Annabel before the party – waiting for her guests to arrive.
The cake and the table set-up
Annabel and Mommy
Annabel and GG
Annabel and Ma
4 generations
Annabel enjoying her party!
We had 2 stations set up – one where the kids could decorate princess crown cookies and the other where they could decorate swords and princess wands – it looks like they were both popular stations!
A few pictures of friends and activities from the party:
Big Brother of course had to show Annabel how it is done – I think he thinks it is his birthday in these pictures but I reminded him it was sister’s birthday!
Annabel trying her cake:
The loot:
Opening up the loot – again, big brother had to get in on the fun!
We had a candy bar set up so that each guest could take some candy away with them including customized M&M’s with Annabel’s name and picture on them.
A few random thoughts on this year:
It has gone by so fast -- seems like just yesterday.
Children can be so different but so alike at the same time.
I can not imagine my life without Annabel in it.
Annabel is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!
Such a good baby!
Even though all she says is Da Da, I secretly know that she is really saying Ma Ma.
Brother Sister love is a bond that can never be broken.
Brother Sister love is a love/hate relationship.
Kids really don’t care about gender toys – they just want to play.
I never thought that I would be hearing, “Don’t let my sister touch me” this early in the game.
2 is still enough – no more. My plate and heart is full.
I never thought that I would laugh so much.
I never thought that I could get by on so little sleep.
I am thankful the pressure is off and I don’t have to take monthly pictures anymore!
I can’t believe we made it a full year with 2 kids and nobody got killed or seriously hurt – I guess that makes us responsible adults?
Our sweet little Annabel over the last year:
No comments:
Post a Comment