Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Running

I like to run.  I am not fast and I don’t see any marathons in my future.  But, I like to run.  I ran all the way through both of my pregnancies – especially with Chad.  The doc said it was fine so like Forest Gump, I ran.

Chad, I swear, came out running.  He has never walked a day in his life.  I have often wondered when we would be able to go on mother/son runs together.  I just had no idea it was going to be when he was 3.

Today, I asked Chad if he wanted to go to the park.  Of course he said yes so I got out the double stroller and he said no, I want to run with you.  So, I said OK.  And all be darned, he ran all the way to the park.  When he would stop I would say “RUN OR RIDE?????”  He would yell, “RUN!!!”  When we got to the park he said, “Mommy, I have a boo boo and pointed to his stomach.”  No, son, that is not a boo boo, that is a cramp.

When we got ready to leave the park I asked him – RUN or RIDE?  He said RUN.  We did have to walk a couple of times on the way home for the “boo boo in his stomach” but when it was gone we would say RUN! 

How far is the big circle you may ask?  I am guessing about 2.5 miles….

My little runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment