When we presented Chad for Baptism, one of the things that we promised God we would do was teach Chad to pray. We have been saying the “Now I lay me” prayer with him since basically birth. Then, when he was old enough, we have added on to that prayer and asked him nightly who he wanted to pray for. This evening, Craig read stories to Chad and said his prayer with him. When Craig got ready to leave, Chad said, wait Daddy one more prayer. Chad said, “Daddy, repeat after me. Dear God, thank you for today. Thank you for playing outside. Thank you for the kids who did play. Amen.”
After Craig told me this, I said a prayer. Repeat after me, “Dear God. See, I am doing my job. I am at least doing something right. Please remember this.”
I had a somewhat sad but thankful moment at church today. The 3rd graders were receiving their Bibles today. There were 5 families at our service. Only 2 of the families had both a Daddy and a Mommy with them. Right then and there I said a prayer for my marriage. I want Chad and Annabel to grow up with both a Daddy and a Mommy so I prayed that Craig and I stay strong. We both know that marriage is never easy! I pray that when Chad is in the 3rd grade he will have both parents standing up there with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment