Chad was born just a wee little tike weighing in at about 5 lbs. Needless to say, I never expected to have a preemie baby so the smallest sized clothing we had was 0-3 months which swallowed poor Chad. A little boutique that I shopped at in Houston (which is no longer open) sold preemie clothes at reasonable prices. So, shortly after Chad was born, I made a trip down and got Chad a few preemie sized sleepers – which by the way pretty much swallowed him as well!
I have kept the preemie clothes throughout this pregnancy even though we are having a girl because I didn’t know how things were going to go. If I ended up having another preemie baby, I knew I would need clothes and even though these were “boy” clothes, they would certainly work in a pinch.
Well, since I am now at 37 weeks and according to measurements Baby Annabel (as of 2 weeks ago) is already weighing in at over 6 lbs. I am confident that we are not going to need the preemie clothes. Thank God! So, my BIG donation of little clothes is going to the Memorial Hermann NICU tomorrow. Hard to believe Chad ever fit into these clothes!
Yes, I did keep a few, just to remember how tiny Chad was! I might need to use them as tissue when he graduates from high school and towers over me by a foot and outweighs me by many pounds!
No comments:
Post a Comment