Whew – where should I start? We had another doctors appointment this morning. No protein in the urine, which is good. Blood pressure is still high but no higher than last week. No significant weight gaining going along with the minor swelling that I have. I am dilated to a 3.5 and the doctor said the cervix is very, very soft.
So, what now? She sent me home with a 24 hour urine culture. Not sure why I am doing this but starting Sunday morning I will collect for 24 hours and then take it back into her Monday morning. At that point that, they will take some blood (again, not sure why) and take my blood pressure and weight.
The doctor said that there is one school of thought that says after 37 weeks (which I am at now) if the blood pressure is high, just induce. She said she likes to try and wait as long as possible in order to let that baby cook a while longer. But, she said next week, if the blood pressure is still high, she will induce. I kind of get the impression that she is ready to induce me. She thinks I am ready, she thinks the baby is ready and she doesn’t want to see the blood pressure or swelling get any worse.
Here is what I think will happen: Monday I will go take my pee pee back in the jug, I think they will get the test results back on Tuesday and I think she will tell me to go in to be induced on Thursday morning – which is the day she likes to do her inductions.
All for now – another update next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment