Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Disney – 2011

It was a quick but very memorable trip.  This trip came about because I had a 2-day conference that was being held on Disney property.  They were offering deeply discounted room rates.  I have known about this conference for a while and was not going to go as I just went to a conference in Denver in May.  But, one Saturday morning, Craig and I got a wild hair and just thought it would be fun to have one last getaway, one last hooray before Annabel comes.  We knew Chad would love it and would be his last hooray as an only child.  So, we did it.  And, I am so glad we did.

Chad loves Disney.  Even though we were just there in December, his speaking abilities and vocabulary have increased dramatically.  (How many 2 year olds do you know that have the word monorail in their vocabulary?)  In December, we knew he was having a good time but he could not verbally express it as well.  This time was way different.  For the past 2 months, he has talked about nothing but the Dumbo ride.  (We had no idea he remembered riding that ride!!)  He would say, “Press the button, go up and down.  Ride Dumbo?” 

So, when the big day arrived to actually ride Dumbo (and Craig and Chad rode Dumbo 6 times this visit) Craig said he was so excited!  He saw Dumbo and said yelled “RIDE DUMBO!!!!  YEAH YEAH YEAH!”  He also loved riding the airplane, riding the buses (he wanted to drive but finally conceded to let “man drive”) , riding the monorail, riding the elevator, riding the escalator.  The kid loves to ride anything and everything.  

Craig and Chad had 2 full days by themselves and they spent their time at Magic Kingdom.  They would take advantage of the early morning extra magic hours (since our kid wakes up early anyway) and then would come back around1 or so and take a nap.  The rest of the afternoon was just spent doing whatever they wanted to do and whatever the “liquid Florida sunshine” would allow.   As I mentioned, they were able to ride Dumbo 6 times and all the other rides that Chad was able to ride due to the height restrictions.  He said the lines and crowds were minimal in the mornings.  The last day (Saturday) we spent at Epcot which was not as much fun for Chad but his favorite ride was Nemo (that we rode twice) and Craig and I were able to ride a couple of rides we wanted to do.  I am thankful I only had 1/2 day at Disney because at 30 weeks pregnant, 1/2 day at Disney was enough for my feet.

Craig and Chad did a character breakfast in park one morning and then Saturday morning we did Chef Mickey.  Chad was scared out of his mind when he saw the characters – NOT!!!!  Yes, he loved them.  He kept yelling, “BIG HUGS!!!!!!!”

Ok – enough of the dialogue – here are the pics!  It was hard for Craig to take a lot of pictures inside the park since he was having to handle Chad by himself but he got a few!

mickeyballon dumbo! disneyhorse

IMG_7675IMG_7676

 IMG_7680 IMG_7681IMG_7683IMG_7684IMG_7686IMG_7739 IMG_7734 IMG_7729 IMG_7727IMG_7746 IMG_7757IMG_7726IMG_7728  IMG_7724 IMG_7722 IMG_7716 IMG_7713 IMG_7711 IMG_7710 IMG_7706       

On Friday, I was sitting in my conference and I sent Craig a text asking if they were having a good time.  I received this response, which I will keep and remember forever, “We’ve done something we’ll never be able to do again.  Just the two of us at WDW.  I’ve had the best time.”  Ahhhhhhh, makes my heart melt! 

P.S.:  I forgot to mention a first and a last that happened at Disney.  The first – First time Chad took a poop in the tub.  I made Craig fish them out.  The Last – we were there for the last shuttle launch and watched from our balcony.  The view from the TV was much better.  I just saw a brief line of what looked like fire going up into the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment