Chad talks a lot and knows a lot of words but does not always understand context yet. For example, he knows the word “no” (thank goodness he hasn’t used it a lot yet) but he doesn’t understand the context of no. For example, I will ask him if he wants to go to his most favorite thing/place in the world and he will say “no” not realizing that means we won’t be going.
But, he has also developed this new phrase. We will ask him a question and he will say, “No, I’m Happy.”
For example, “Chad do you want to go take a bath?” “No, I’m happy.”
“Chad let’s put on shoes.” “No, I’m happy.”
“Chad let’s go read books.” “No, I’m happy.”
Part of being a parent is kind of like being a linguist. You have to determine what is being said. So, I am wondering if his new phrase, “no, I’m happy” means, “no, I am OK.” In other words, he doesn’t want to do what we are asking at the moment.
Don’t worry, a new phrase will take over next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment