Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Toy Box

I was going to give this box away:

IMG00383-20110316-1829

I had this in Chad’s new room and it just held odds and ends craft stuff.  I bought this box at a craft fair about 8 years ago.  Anyway, this box did not go with the new Spiderman theme so it had to go.  My best friend Jennifer said she wanted it.  She was literally on her way to my house to pick it up when my dear, sweet, creative husband with bad timing says, “I think I can paint that and fix it up and make a toy box for Chad.”

I thought it was a great idea but now how do I explain to the person I just promised the box to that she can no longer have it.  Well, I guess that is why she is my best friend because she totally understood that I was an Indian giver, loved the idea of the toy box and volunteered to help transform it!  (Yes, I know how to pick good friends!)

So, Craig painted the outside of the box the same color as Chad’s walls, we got another curtain that matches his current curtains and ordered some spider man patches.  We took the fabric and patches to the embroidery place and they sewed everything on and put his name on there as well.

Jennifer came back yesterday and help me put the top together. 

The finished product!

IMG00436-20110410-0946

No comments:

Post a Comment