These last couple of weeks have been a pain in the butt from about 6-10pm each night. It seems that Chad feels compelled to cry nonstop between these hours. As a dad, this is a tough thing to handle at times. When he cries like this I feel helpless. I wish the little dude could just tell me what's wrong with him, and in his own way, he is I guess. I just don't understand what he needs and it's beyond frustrating. I've been tempted to just lie him down in his bassinet and let him go but I don't want him to just be there alone when something's up. I may not know what's on his mind, but at the very least I can be there to help get him through it.
I just got him settled down after a car ride (thanks to mom and dad for the tip) where he did great right up until the time to get him out of the car seat. That's when all hell broke loose...again. He seemed to respond favorably to U2's One so I may have to have that one handy in the future.
On a side note -Seriously, how long can they go before they just get tired of screaming? I don't have an answer and Chad looks capable of shattering whatever the previous record was.
I joke but I hope he's ok. It seems to be an evening only thing and hopefully it'll work itself out. The pediatrician thinks he's doing great and she knows a heck of a lot more about this stuff than I do. Anyway, he's sleeping for now so I think I may do the same. I have to take the Civic in to have the damage estimated from my little wreck last week. No real damage to my car but the girl that hit me needs a new car. It was all her fault by the way. I am completely, utterly, and totally innocent.
I'm going to bed now. Maybe tomorrow night will be a little easier on him.
He's just going through the all wonderous colic... Read "happiest baby on the planet". It works! I swear! Lots of white noise, tight bundling and swinging very fast! It will pass though. I promise. Give it another few weeks. And sometimes putting him down to cry it out for 5 minutes to give you a sanity break before you pick him back up is totally ok. Happy Baptism Chad! Love, Auntie Jennifer
ReplyDelete