We had a great appointment! He weighs 8 lbs. 7 ounces and is 21 3/4 inches long. The doctor was so happy with his progress!! He is not following the normal curve of the chart but rather shooting straight up the chart. She said to me, "You have good milk!" She also said he was such a pretty baby! Much to Craig's chagrin, she said he was pretty enough to be a GIRL!
When the doctor told me I had good milk, it made me very proud. I knew I always wanted to nurse my baby but I also knew it would not always be easy. The reasons to quit breastfeeding were numerous:
1. I'm tired
2. My baby will gain weight quicker
3. My baby did not latch on right away
4. We had to have appointments with lactation specialists
5. I could eat and drink whatever/whenever I wanted
6. We could have people take overnight shifts for us to get more sleep
7. Pumping is a total pain
But, there was only one reason to continue breastfeeding: It is the BEST thing for both me and Chad. We got so much pressure in the hospital to just give him formula and I am so happy and so proud that we as a family stuck it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment