Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Ma and GG Show Came to Town

One day last week I told Chad to tell Ma to come and visit us this weekend -- meaning last weekend since I am writing this on Tuesday – try and keep up.  I was half way kidding since I knew we would see her the following week anyway – meaning this Friday since I am writing this the following Tuesday – try and keep up – for the Jimmy Buffet concert in Frisco.  Much to my delight, she said OK and on Thursday – meaning last Thursday since I am writing this the following Tuesday – try and keep up – they were HERE!! 

Needless to say, we all had a great time.  Ma picked Chad up from school and then headed to Conroe to visit a real life dairy!  They came home with all kids of goodies including raw milk which was as thick as cream.  Ma had a great time milking the cows but Chad was a little reluctant.  Good thing we can just buy our milk at HEB.

photo10

photo11

On Friday, I had to run a few errands (and then thanks to having family in town Craig and I got to have a kid free lunch together!) and Ma and Chad went to run a few errands and then she was going to drop Chad off at his Spanish class.  Well, we got a reminder from call from his school that morning that he didn’t have Spanish class that day due to teacher work day so Ma and Chad got to extend their day!  It actually turned out to be really nice that Chad didn’t have school because he and Ma got to go to lunch and enjoy their time together and then when they got home, we all spent the afternoon in the pool and Craig put dinner on the rotisserie of his new grill out by the pool.

Ma took Chad to the learning store and then to lunch.  Along the way, they also apparently found donkeys to pet.  And, Ma taught Chad all about donkeys (who knew that Ma was such an ass expert) such as what girl donkeys are called and what boy donkeys are called.  And, yes, they are wearing matching shirts.  These two have to wear their same Cuba shirts every time Ma visits.  Don’t ask why – it is just a Ma and Chad thing – try and keep up.

photo1

photo2

photo9

photo3

Ma told Chad he could pick lunch but she was NOT eating at Chick-fil-A one more time…so he chose Olive Garden and apparently that was acceptable to her.

photo4

Ma and Chad in the pool on Friday afternoon:

photo5

Then on Saturday night we had a church event to go to called The Pig Roast.  It is an annual event held by our church to benefit the pastor’s discretionary fund.  They asked church members to make ribs for the event so Craig made 6 racks.  Ma and the kids had a great time dancing to the band.  Ma even made Craig get out on the dance floor which Craig was all too happy to do.  (HA!)  But, I think the best part of the night was when GG was helping Annabel to a drink and Annabel was really drinking up.  GG commented that Annabel must have been really thirsty and Craig told GG not to give her anymore of that it was BEER!!!  GG said, “Oh, I thought this was MILK!!!” 

photo6

photo7

photo8

No comments:

Post a Comment