Sight words are typically taught in pre-k but we are trying to get a head start on them. Sight words are somewhat of a newer thing (in other words, I don’t think I was taught how to read using sight words). For those of you that may not know, a common definition of a sight word is, “A simple sight words definition would be common words that a reader should recognize on sight. Sight words are also referred to as "high-frequency words" or "instant words."” So, basically just memorizing words that you see a lot in reading, “the, a, of, she, me, he, etc.”
We have been working on sight words for about 2 weeks now and I have set of readers that we read from. Here is us working on 2 of the readers last night. I have to switch them up every 2 days or so because Chad begins to memorize the books and not look at the words themselves. These readers all tend to use the same basic words over and over again so he will begin to read the words and not just memorize the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment