Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Vacations

I think this topic is on my mind because after the morning I have had I really need a vacation.  But, that is another blog…

Anyway, we have planned and cancelled about 3 vacations this year already.  We booked a cruise on the last cruise we took and then cancelled it because I felt as though it was too soon.  We were going to go to Vegas for our anniversary in March and then realized that March is way too crammed packed and it wasn’t going to work.  So, finally, we decided on Disney World in October.  There is a 10 mile race during that time and I decided that I wanted to train for that.  So, it was settled, Disney in October.  October 2 – 7 for anyone else that is interested in going.

The race that I am going to run doesn’t start until 10pm.  Yes, that is about 2 hours after the time I normally go to bed.  It will probably take me close to 2 hours to run the 10 miles.  And, Craig wanted to be there at the finish line and to cheer me on along the way.  So, we were going to have to hire a babysitter.  I decided to call my Mom.  I knew it was a long shot because our last Disney trip, although she loved being with the kids, was probably not the BEST vacation she had ever been on.  But, as the saying goes, the answer is always no unless you ask, right?

Well, not only was the answer yes, but it was yes right away, without hesitation.  How amazing is that?  We told her she could come in Saturday and leave on Monday.  NOPE – She wanted to come in on Friday.  We told her she could stay in our room so it wouldn’t cost her anything and we would help out with her airfare.    NOPE – under no circumstances was that going to be allowed.  She wanted to get her own room and she wanted Chad to stay with her…of course!  I just can’t get over how blessed we are with amazing family.  It continues to amaze me every single time.   Thanks again MOM!!!!

So, Disney in October.  Can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. I want to run with you!!! That would be so fun! We could wear tiaras and princess tutus. ha.

    ReplyDelete