If the two’s were terrible and the three’s were trying, then the fours are affectionate.
I get at least 100, “Mommy, I love you”’s from Chad a day and we have to take at least that many “hug breaks” during the day while we are playing. It is just so sweet and I hope I never ever forget these days.
But then again, they might also be knows as the Fanny Fours. I get this about 100 times a day too:
“Mommy, I have something to show you!!” And I get this:
“Mommy, I have something to tell you” and I get this:
The child is obviously in love with this backside. He loves to show it off at every opportunity. The good news is that we have pretty much broken the habit of doing this little show with his pants down or in public. Now, it is reserved only for the house and with this pants up. But, beware, if Chad wants to tell you something or show you something, don’t say I didn’t warn you in advance.
Or, it could be the Fantasy Fours. Chad really loves to be in costume and pretend play. The costumes we have are Woody, Lightning McQueen, Buzz Lightyear and SpiderMan (which are really pjs). And, thank goodness we have 2 of those because he wants to wear one to bed and wants to be in a pair anytime we are home. Luckily, he wears regular clothes out of the house (most of the time) but usually wants his attire to consist of his spiderman shirt or spiderman hoodie. He is going to be super excited when I tell him that on Tuesday, it is wear your PJs to school day!!! Hmmmm….wonder which ones he will choose. I guess I better make sure one pair is clean so the world does not end.
At this age, he has such an imagination. While he is dressed up, everyone in the house usually has to be a character as well. For example, when he is Woody, his sister is usually Jessie. When he is Spiderman, I am usually Aunt Mae but sometimes I have to be venom. And so on and so on. We have books of all theses characters and we read them…a lot. So, he likes to act out the books. And, let me tell you, if you think he is not paying attention you are WRONG!! He knows every aspect of the book and if you say or do anything wrong, he will tell you!
He also pays the same attention to the legos. For example, he has a Legos Monster Fighter book that we have read about 1 million times. (I thought it was lost but I guess it wasn’t lost enough because it popped back up the other day). Well, he also has a lego car from the book. He kept telling me the tires were wrong on the car – they were NOT like the book. I looked and looked and looked and they sure looked right to me. Well, Craig looked further and apparently we had the inside of the tire turned the wrong way. Seriously? Who sees that? My kid apparently!
No comments:
Post a Comment