Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I failed…but then I succeeded!

I have felt like a failure as a mother lately but I have kept it a secret.  It is regarding my first child Chad.  When he was a “baby” he was such a good eater!!  He would eat anything I put in front of him and I was not scared to have him try different foods.  He ate everything I did.  We always had a baby food vegetable with every meal!  He would eat avocado.  He would eat everything!!!  Then, one day, all of a sudden, he decided he did not eat vegetables – unless you count french fries as a vegetable but he would still eat the salad at Olive Garden.  So, I continued to give him a baby food vegetable as long as I could.  Then, it just got embarrassing giving him baby food when he was over a year and a half old!

Well, over the past few nights, he has actually been eating the green beans I have put in front of him!!  SUCCESS!!!  I decided to start trying this again after Craig told me we had the worst eater he knew.  Well, I beg to differ with that but whatever, a few vegetables never hurt anyone.  So, now, Chad’s favorite meal is rice, black beans and GREEN BEANS!!!

Oh, but I forgot to mention…the best thing about having a second child is that I can try again!  Smile

Oh, and more one thing, if you would ever like to discuss my theory about how Gerber puts crack in their baby food to get kids to eat it, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment