Season 1 was at Soccer Tots. This season had parent participation. Chad liked it but liked playing more with “stuff” located in the room as well as just running around.
Season 2 was Lil Kickers. Still parent participation but Chad did not like this one as much and it was both frustrating for myself and for him.
Season 3 – We are back at Soccer Tots and there is no parent participation anymore (thank the Lord). Chad is in class with 8 other soccer stars and the Coach is HARDCORE Awesome. At one point, I saw Chad and 2 other little boys sitting on the side of the field on these “stars.” I thought, “Wow, that is a cute game they are playing.” Nope, he was in time out. Not so cute! Turns out Chad has not only a hard time listening and taking instruction but also has a hard time keeping his hands to himself. So, guess who had 4 time outs and 2 times where he had to leave the field and come sit by Mommy? Yep, Chad was the WINNER! But, he still had a great time and gave the coach a high five when we left.
Although I was not happy that Chad had to be in time out so much, I am very, very pleased with this coach and I think this is going to be a great learning experience for Chad!
No comments:
Post a Comment