So, Chad's first lesson went something like this: We went over our paperwork with the teacher, we paid, and Chad screamed the entire time he was in the pool -- all 10 minutes. But, the teacher said that is typical for the first lesson. Chad went under water and was already holding his breath. She said that because I nursed him, he knew how to close off his throat from liquids getting down it and was a nose breather. She said this would be a good thing once he started knowing how much oxygen to take in for going under water. See, another benefit of nursing that I did not know about!!
He was also already finding the side of the pool and trying to pull himself up. I asked her if she thought he would be able to pull himself out and she thought he would. She said that he was a "ball of muscle" and he would be a water trickster in no time.
At the final few lessons, we take him fully clothed as most kids fall into the water fully clothed -- it is usually an accident. I am thinking about dressing him up in his Halloween costume or Santa suit for the final lesson.
Here are a few pictures from our first day.














No comments:
Post a Comment