We found out on a Wednesday that my niece Merysia was going to graduate on Saturday. I of course wanted to be in New Braunfels to watch her walk the stage so on Friday morning (after a birthday party) I loaded up the kids and headed to New Braunfels. Mom and GG were also coming so we got adjoining hotel rooms – which of course adds to the fun!
First stop, of course, Bucees!
Yep, Bucees, the greatest place on earth. I am pretty sure this place is the only reason my kids behave on road trips. I threaten to take this stop away. Would I ever do it? Hmmmm…….Who knows.
Second stop – Landa Park! I wanted to take the kids on the train that I rode as a child. Not sure they were all that thrilled – they really wanted to go and swim in the spring fed pool that is really, really cold but we did not have time today. Note to self – make this a priority for summer 2015!
(Hey Chad, don’t jump down there. Chad, don’t jump down there. Fine, just turn around and smile for the camera.)
Then, funny how things happen….
At the birthday party so mentioned above, I told my friend Kristin Kilgore that we were headed to New Braunfels after the party. She said, “Oh, we are going to the ranch outside of Luling (which is about 15 miles from New Braunfels) today too! You should stop by on your way home!” So….we did! We had a great time. They have a fresh water lake on their property so we swam and fished. Both kids were a little relictant to get in the water at first because they thought the fish were going to bite them. Once they realized the fish didn’t want them, all was good!
No comments:
Post a Comment