I read about a family doing this in one of my parenting magazines and I really liked the idea. I feel like I am constantly telling Chad No. So, tomorrow is going to be a day of YES! Within reason of course. The lady in the magazine article gave the example of going to Dairy Queen. Yes, we can go to Dairy Queen but you cannot get the biggest drink on the menu, etc. And, a day of Yes works both ways. So, if I ask Chad to do something the answer has to be YES on his part as well.
This will be a fun experiment. I see myself playing a lot of Legos tomorrow because that is one thing he is constantly asking me to do and I always say No.
When I told Chad about this his first response was, “So, can I go and get a new toy?” I had to think quick on my feet. I said, “We are going to a party tomorrow night where Santa will be and he will probably bring you a toy. So, yes, you can get a new toy!”
No comments:
Post a Comment