I have been wanting to take Chad to Carsland for about a year now – really since it opened. I am Chad is a super cars fan. I literally remember the day we went to TRU and bought him his first Lightning McQueen. He was so excited – we had to open it in the parking lot and game was over – that was it. The obsession was started – really for all of us.
I told Craig that I wanted to take Chad by himself before school started – just the two of us. A son and Mom trip. Well, then I started to feel bad because how could I go to Disney and not take Craig? And, since I fly free on Craig’s Elite flying status, if would not cost us anymore for Craig to go except for us park tickets. So, it became a Mommy, Daddy and Chad trip.
Oh, poor Annabel gets left at home. Poor Annabel my BEHIND!!!! She got left with Ma and GG who literally fawned over her every move!! My only request to my mother was to at least put clothes on her everyday!! You see how well my Mother LISTENS!!!!!!! She did at least french braid her hair and it looked so cute. I am going to have to learn to do this too! Annabel was not sad to see us go and only semi-happy to see us return.
(The Annabel’s take their ice cream very seriously. Those who truly know my Grandma know I am NOT KIDDING!!!)
We got to Orange County (Hint #1: If you are going to Disneyland, fly into this airport – it is like 10 minutes away). I dropped Craig and Chad off at the hotel, they headed to Disneyland and I drove into LA for a tour. I love doing the city tours and seeing the stars home. Next time, I will go on a Saturday or Sunday (it took me about 2 hours each way for 30 mile drive) and I would have liked more time to look around Rodeo, Robertson and Melrose as well as have lunch somewhere.
That evening, we did a character meal at our hotel.
On Thursday morning, we hit it hard and we hit it early! (Tip #2: Stay on property and take advantage of the extra magic morning hour). We literally rode almost 15 rides before noon. My favorite ride Splash Mountain (and subsequently Chad’s now favorite ride…warms my heart) had no line and we were able to ride it a bunch of times – a few times without having to get off the ride. So, as you can imagine, a little after noon, we were all BEAT! So, we went back to the hotel, took naps (yes, we all slept) and then headed over to California Adventure for the rest of the evening. We rode a few rides in Radiators Springs (you should have seen Chad! He was so excited. It looks just like it does in the movie and books and he was so excited! He kept running from place to place – “Mom, let’s go to Ramone’s, Mom, let’s go to the V8 Café, Mom, let’ go to the cozy cone) and then we had dinner at Aerial’s Grotto and then watched the water show Fantasmic and then headed back for sleep.
Friday morning – again took advantage of the extra magic hour at California Adventures which is where Carsland is. There is a very popular ride there (Radiator Springs Racers) that was a MUST for us! So, we studied hard on how to be the first ones in the line and it worked. We were able to ride it twice with very little lines and then got a fastpass so we were able to ride a 3rd time. We rode my other favorites as well such as Soarin’ – which didn’t have any line either so we were able to ride it twice. Again, around noon, we were done and headed back to the hotel for rest. After rest time, we hit the pool for about an hour and then headed back to Disneyland. We ate dinner at the restaurant the surrounds the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride (don’t waste your money on this restaurant, not worth it), finished a little shopping, rode Splash Mountain 2 more times and then headed back to the hotel. We opted to get Chad ready for bed and then go out and watch the fireworks from the grounds of our hotel.
Saturday morning we ended our trip with one last character breakfast.
Now, the moment you have all been waiting for – Disneyland vs. Disneyworld. For me, it is a no brainer – DISNEYLAND and here is why. Weather is always better in California. Yes, it got hot during the day but the mornings were nice and the evenings were nice, no humidity. Everything is within walking distance – both parks and downtown Disney. You don’t have to worry about taking monorail to this and then catching bus to that or let’s take boat to this and then catch bus to that. Just walk and get there. All the rides that everyone likes are contained in 2 parks – not 5. Unless you are seriously into visiting the countries in Epcot (which there is nothing for young kids to do) then really the only cool thing about Epcot is Soarin’ which they have in California and test track which Radiator Springs Racers beats that out of the water!!!! We have a trip planned in October to Disneyworld so I can run in a 10 mile race. I would much rather be going back to California – not going to lie.
We had a great, amazing time. We are so fortunate to be able to travel as much as we do. Feeling very, very thankful for such an amazing trip and time with just Craig and Chad.
No comments:
Post a Comment