Since my sister is not a member of my blog and since I use my blog to express my thoughts and feelings at times, I am going to put my thoughts and feelings into words today.
My nephew Dustin has always had a special place in my heart. When he was born I loved that child like my own. He would come and spend summers with me. I would spoil him rotten. I never wanted to send him back him, I loved him so much, I would have kept him forever.
But, as he grew up and got older he started to go down a wrong path. I could always see it coming but there was nothing I could do about it because I was not his parent. I always had a helpless feeling – I could only sit here and watch it happen, there was nothing I could do. There was a summer that I even offered to pay for him to go to a military (somewhat get your shit straight camp) camp but his parents didn’t think it was necessary.
I got a text from him tonight asking if he could come and stay with Craig (Graig) and myself for a month because he wanted to try and get his life straightened out and he needed to get out of New Braunfels. It pained my heart to have to tell him no but at this point I have a family of my own and they are my first priority. I just cant help him at this point. He is an adult now and he is going to have to do it on his own. But, man, it sure makes me sad. All I can do now is pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment