Annabel turned 10 months old on July 13. At 10 months, she continues to thrive and be such a happy baby – easy, go with the flow.
We have pretty much developed a schedule – it took me about 10 months with Annabel – with Chad it took me about 10 days. Annabel wakes up around 7:30am, naps between 11:30- 12 (and if she falls asleep in the car she will let me transfer her to her bed and continue the nap) for about 2-3 hours, and then bedtime between 6:30 – 7pm. She is still waking up between 4am-5am to nurse but then as mentioned before goes back to sleep until about 7:30am.
You are not going to believe this but Annabel is actually sleeping in her own bed. We transitioned her about 2 weeks ago. I knew it was time because she was starting be uncomfortable in our bed. She didn’t want covers and would kick them off. I wanted covers and would bring them back on. And, each time this happened each of us were waking up. Neither of us were getting as much sleep as we needed. So, here is how we did it! One night, I nursed her, and we put her in her bed. Of course, she fussed. So, I let her fuss 5 minutes and I went back in. I patted her and got her calmed down and left the room. Then, I wanted 10 minutes before going back in. We never had to wait longer than a little over 10 minutes. She is also napping in her bed. Overall, I think she really likes her bed – and Mommy likes having her own back.
Annabel is not eating any baby food at all. She eats whatever we are eating with intensity on the vegetables and she loves beans. She also still likes to feed herself. She drinks out of a sippy cup and has become proficient at drinking out of a straw – grasping it with that tongue she loves so much.
Annabel is not quite walking yet or standing on her own. She prefers to be in a standing position and pulls herself up but not yet walking. She also likes to crawl up things.
Still only 2 teeth!! A couple of nights she has been fussy and I swear I am going to wake up and find a tooth but to no avail. I guess 2 is all we are going to get.
The thing she loves most at 10 months old – her brothers toys. And, her brother loves any toy that Annabel wants to play with. But, Chad is happy to find her another “lesser” toy that she can play with. But, so far they still love each other more than anything. Chad loves to tell Annabel, “Good Morning Princess, oh you are so cute.”
10 months and so far so good! We really enjoy having Annabel in the family. Here are some pics taken of Annabel at 10 months old!
No comments:
Post a Comment