Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Ear Infection

Fussy all weekend (well, fussy for Annabel) and not wanting to sleep or eat, congestion and then yesterday morning started tugging at her right ear.  Yep, I knew it.  We took her into the doctor this morning (I wanted to take her yesterday but they did not have any openings until today) and doc confirmed what Dr. Mommy already knew – Annabel’s first ear infection.  She said that they normally start getting them about this age because she is getting less immunities from me and starting to build up her own.  We are on an antibiotic for 10 days.  I gave her the first dose before lunch and she seems to be taking a good nap.  We will get a second dose in before she goes to sleep tonight.

Annabel is 7 1/2 months old.  I looked back at the blog for Chad’s first ear infection and his occurred on August 26, 2009 when he was 8 months old.  Isn’t that weird?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I can see some white under the gums on Annabel’s bottom right.  Which, led me to search the blog again….He got his first tooth on September 22,2009 almost exactly 9 months old.  It was also a bottom right tooth.  It will be interesting to see if Annabel gets a tooth before her brother or if she waits a month to let it come in.  DNA is a funny thing, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment