Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful

The latest Facebook craze is asking people to post something they're thankful for every day this month. LOVE IT. The only problem is... I'm afraid I'll forget to do it every day. And then I'll feel guilty about it. And then if I'm feeling guilty I'll have trouble feeling thankful... So I decided to go ahead and list some of my absolute biggest blessings right here, right now, for all of my blogging family to see!

1.  First and foremost, I am thankful for my GREAT BIG GOD. No one is more awesome, more mighty, more powerful, or more loving. I am so thankful that He loves me - ME! - and never loses faith in me.

2.  I am thankful for my husband Craig - My best friend, my confidante, my listening ear, and the best father to my children.

3.  I am thankful for my first born child Chad.  He brings light to my day – everyday – and makes me laugh.

4.  I am thankful for my second born child – Annabel.  She is such a snuggle bunny and good little baby.  She makes my life easier.

5.  I am thankful for my parents. They have always been there for me when I needed them most and continue to be there for my everyday.

6.  I am thankful for my Grandma.  She is the namesake of my second born child.  She has meant so much to me throughout my life.  I can not imagine my life without her. 

7.  I am thankful that Chad is getting to spend so much time with his GG.  Time on earth is precious and I know he will have fond memories of his GG.

8.  I am thankful for my in-laws. They are great people and raised a great son! 

9.  I am thankful for the rest of our family. Not really a bad apple in the bunch.

10.  I am thankful that we have food in our fridge, clothes on our backs, a roof over our heads, and a place to sleep. This makes us more fortunate than 75% of the world.

11.  I am thankful for our job that pays the bills and puts spare change in our pockets, despite our current economic crisis.

12. I am thankful for my health and the health of all of my loved ones.  I am also thankful for the doctors that take care of us.  And, especially thankful for modern medicine that is going to make my mom in less pain come next week.

13.  I am thankful to have such good friends – old friends and new friends.  I never lack for a lunch date if I want one!

14.  I am thankful for a fresh start each morning to make each new day brighter than the last.

These are my biggest blessings, my most favorite things to be thankful about. If I tried to list out every single thing I was thankful for you'd be reading for a long, long time...

Here are a few less important blessings but fun nonetheless:

1.  Vanilla coffee creamer and splenda – can’t live without it – then breakfast of Champions.

2.  The Blackberry

3.  Ipads

4.  Recordable TV

5.  Microwaves

6.  Washing machines and dryers

7. Nap time – especially when the children actually nap and even better when I get to nap with them.

8.  Classes at church

9.  Shampoo that smells good first thing in the morning.

10.  A warm bath at night

11.  Wine

12.  Margaritas

13.  Chips and Salsa

14.  Restaurants – I love eating out

15.  The Olive Garden

16.  Reality TV

17.  Texting

18.  Facebook

19. Warm snuggly blankets

20.  A good, warn in pillow

21. Cars that have DVD players

22.  Heated seats in the car – I use them year round

23.  AC seats in the car – for when I use #22 for too long

24.  The roomba vacuum

I could go on but I'll stop here so you can get started on your very own Thankful list!

No comments:

Post a Comment