Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

While the parents are away...Chad will play.

Sorry I have not posted soon but I do have a good excuse!! Craig and I were away for 1 week -- yes, 7 whole days on a cruise to Key West and the Bahamas. My mom and Grandma came in to watch Chad and the crew of animals. We were worried how Chad might act because we have not been away from him except for the occasional meal out. We have never left him even for a night. But, turns out, he didn't miss us at all and according to the Grandma's was an absolute joy all week!! Apparently, Chad can be a very good boy when he has the undivided attention of 2 Grandma's looking after his every need and want! My Grandma (Chad's GG) spent much of her week on the floor playing trucks with Chad.

And, to make things even better, we got home to find all our kitchen cabinets organized and our freezer stocked with upcoming meals!! I think Craig and I need to take more vacations!!!

I did not realize how much I missed Chad until I got back. All week, I kept thinking how I was surprised I did not miss him more than I did. Well, turns out I was just not thinking about it because the moment we got back I realized that I had missed him terribly. I do not think I will leave him again for a while. The next vacation we have planned is for next December. We are taking Chad to Disneyworld or should I say Chad is tagging along while Craig and I go to Disneyworld.

Below and some pictures from when Chad was with the Grandma's last week. Does this look like a face of a child who misses his parents? You will see that the Grandma's did try and teach Chad to crawl through the cat door while I was gone!! I have certainly discouraged that since I have been back!







No comments:

Post a Comment