Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

MondayUpdate!

We are trying something new with this post. Allison's comments are all in black. Craig's comments are all in red. An interactive post. Whoa...what will we think of next?



Sorry we have not posted in a while! I blame the economy. We have not posted because nothing exciting has been happening. In some respects, that is a good thing. Chad has been doing well. The reflux medicine is doing it's job! He is sleeping well -- usually from 8:00pm to 3:30am. If he wakes up before that, I do not feed him but rather just pat him back to sleep. We are on a schedule -- he is up everyday by 7:00am and we are having him take regular naps. The only thing we are working on is Craig being able to take care of him without him screaming the whole time. This is no joke. He doesn't do too well when it's just the two of us. Mom's got the goods and he knows it. My moobs may be impressive but they're non-productive. It boils down to the fact that when I am home I take care of him. The only time Craig takes care of him by himself is when I am not home. This makes me appreciate how much Allison does during the day while I'm out doing whatever. It's true what they say - motherhood is a full-time job. She also has a full-time job on that. We're lucky she can be so flexible. That has to change because Chad now associates Mom being gone with Dad taking care of him. We will work through it just like we have everything else!! Translation: We're winging it. Just like we always have...



Chad is not rolling over yet. The pediatrician said that since he was a month early it will probably be 5 months before he starts rolling over. He will roll over onto one side every once in a while. On a side note Chad was knocking some foam blocks off his chair today. He may not be able to roll over but his ass-kicking days are coming soon. Look out.



Chad smiles a lot and continues to gain weight! We are eating with a spoon now and trying out some vegetables and some fruits. Most of it just goes all over his face and his bib. Allison has him eating peas. Peas are disgusting. They're even worse when they're pureed. The peaches and the sweet potatoes are kinda tasty, though.



A friend of ours who watches kids is watching Chad every Wednesday from 2:00pm - 6:00pm. It gives me a break to finish work, do some housework, get a pedicure or anything else that I want to do. Last week was our first week - not a huge success since Chad cried a little (a lot) but it will get better the more familiar he comes with her and his new surroundings. Let's hope.



I am looking into Mother's Day out programs but for right now I like having him with a friend at a home rather than in a day care environment. We may explore it more at a year but for right now I think we will just sit tight. I am very lucky to be able to stay home with him and work from home so I just need to embrace it! I wish there was a way to get her out of the house and socialize with adults for a while. Chad's a clingy kid and wouldn't have it. Since my stay-at-home dad skills are lacking the consequences could be very loud.



I don't have any new photos yet but I will by the end of the week. I will post the photos from his 3 month photo session. We got some cute ones! Below is a new video of Chad just hanging out! Enjoy it! I took a bunch this afternoon of him in his little chair, drooling, and knocking the blocks around. There may be some choice shots of him spitting up all over himself so stay tuned for that. 2 videos below!!





No comments:

Post a Comment