Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Long update!

It has been a little while since I have updated the blog and so much has happened!

First, it is hard to believe that Chad's three month pictures are this week. Time has certainly flown by. We hope that Chad will show us some of those smiles during his photo shoot. We are going to have a family photo taken as well. Thank God we have Grandma reinforcement coming in this week. I would be really frazzled having to get all of us ready for a photo shoot! My Mom and Grandma are coming in on Wednesday and staying until Saturday. I LOVE when they are in town because they are so much of a help to me. Mom already has it on her list to help me organize my pantry, etc. All my Grandma does is rock Chad so he is very excited about getting good "grandma loving!"


Chad's colic is getting better. I am actually not sure it ever was colic. It dawned on me one day while I was reading some of my baby books that he is not getting enough sleep. All my books say that he should be sleeping about 15 hours per day for his age. He was waking up about every 2 hours during the day to eat and then every 3-3.5 hours during the night. So, we decided we would start him on some cereal to help him sleep a little longer. The pediatrician did not want us to start cereal until 4 months but as his parents, we knew he needed a little something extra.


Anyway, it has been a week since the "great cereal experiment" and it is great. He is not only taking longer naps during the day but is a generally happier baby! And, he is doing fine on the cereal -- no problems eating it from a bottle or any kind of allergic reactions. I joked with Craig that he will probably be on solids by next month!


It probably goes without saying that he is growing like a weed! He is over 11 lbs. Amazing that he has over doubled his weight in 3 months. In the pictures below, you can see that is a getting a major double chin and a big belly!! (I guess this is probably not the place where I should say he looks more and more like Craig everyday!) You will also see in these pictures that Chad likes to make some CRAZY faces! They really make me laugh!


It seems like we have some busy upcoming weeks! As I mentioned before, the Grandma's are here this week, his pictures are this week, we are going to Dallas for Easter, we are going to Grandma Marlene's for Mother's Day, we are trying to plan a trip to Missouri this summer, and numerous other local events that come along with Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment