We took Chad to the doctor this morning. He has been screaming and fussy for almost a month straight. The first couple of weeks, we chalked it up to colic. But, when my Mom and Grandma were here this weekend they thought it was something more than just being a "fussy baby." Craig and I agreed and got Chad in for an appointment first thing this morning. The doctor asked us a bunch of questions (some of which Craig and I answered as total opposites!) and then decided to give us some reflux medicine. She is not 100% it is reflex but decided to try this medicine. She also tested his poo for milk allergy and that came back pretty much negative. There was a "trace" for milk allergy but nothing that made her worry about that.
I have given Chad one dose of the medicine and I could just be delirious from lack of sleep or overly hopeful but is it possible that it is already helping???? He has been a good baby so far today. Or, maybe he is being good because he does not want to go back to the doctor and have his temperature taken again...if you know what I mean!
In other news, Chad is over 12 lbs!!! The doctor said the weight gain is "GREAT!"
Both my girls had to take reflux medicine. Hopefully that will work and you dont just have a fussy baby. Still waiting to meet him,
ReplyDelete