As a kid, we never went camping. I do remember one time going with my Aunt (I think) and she had a pop up pull behind camper kind of thing. I only remember doing it once so it must have not been all that successful. We did have an RV and used that a few times – if you consider that camping. I do because the bathroom was small, sometimes it stunk and most of the time the AC did not run. As I recall, something was always wrong with it.
One night, Chad told me he wanted to go camping. So, it all my brilliance, I came up with this idea to include the neighbor family and their 5 kids. I thought that misery fun loves company, right. Besides, I told them that none of our kids would make it all night so there was very little chance we were all going to have to sleep out there anyway.
We started out at our house for a swim and dinner. Then, we went into their backyard where they had set up their HUGE tent – big enough for all of us. We made smores and then settled into the tent for some camping stories.
First ones out were Ms. Amy and her 2 girls. Next out was Mr. Ryan and one of his kids which left me, my two kids and two of their kids. I kept waiting for everyone to say they were hot, etc. but nobody did and guess who got left out in the tent with 4 kids (until 2am when we lost another one) all.night.long. That’s right, me. Mom of the year.
Everyone woke up around 6:30am. The Whites came home and went back to sleep!!!!
And look – here are the winners (or losers) that made it all night!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment