Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Football

We got a call in August from some of our neighbors who have 2 boys.  Their boys have been in a local tackle football league for numerous years and they are on the board.  She said they needed one more person to make another team and asked if Chad might be interested.  So, I asked him if he would be interested in playing tackle football.  He said he would so we signed him up, bought all his gear, and he was ready.

Not going to lie – it started off rough.  First practice was the middle of August – hot as hell.  Chad threw up, whined, cried, etc.  But, the best part was that I was not there, Ma had to deal with that.  Craig and I were in Las Vegas celebrating his 40th birthday.  But, Craig and I did have to deal with subsequent practices which were not much better.  Chad was called a distraction by his coach and we were quickly becoming the #1 hated parents on our team because our kid could not behave.

Luckily, things have changed.  Chad has really come to enjoy football, he has made friends on the team (and so have we!) and I honestly believe has become the most improved player.  He is one of the youngest on the team (the freshman division is from ages 5-7) but also one of the best blockers. probably the fastest runner on the team and one of the tallest.  The coaches are convinced that next year he will be the runner – whatever you call that position.

I have never liked football.  Never been a fan of the team.  Never had any interest in going to football games with Craig, never had any interest in watching those games on TV.  And, those things have not changed but I will tell you I am a HUGE fan of #5 on that SCFL Texans team!!!  I love watching him and his team!

Here are a few pictures from throughout the season of #5!

Capture1

Capture2

Capture3

DSC_0006

DSC_0084

DSC_0171

DSC_0293

DSC_0296

DSC_0298

DSC_0299

DSC_0301

DSC_0309

DSC_0348

DSC_0360

DSC_0365

DSC_0378

DSC_0438

DSC_0484

DSC_0485

DSC_0491

DSC_0521

DSC_0594

DSC_0605

DSC_0665

DSC_0666

DSC_0930

DSC_0931\

IMG_3013

IMG_3019

No comments:

Post a Comment