This is Allison and even though I was not on this trip I am writing the blog because Craig won’t do it!
A little background on how this trip came to be. Craig came to me one day and said, “Chad gets to go to Washington DC, New York City and do all of these fun camps this summer. What is Annabel going to do? I said nothing and he said that was not acceptable. He wanted to take her to Disney.” She is still young enough that there is no cost for her to get in and they do not charge her to eat and buffet restaurants. And, we had a companion pass so she flew free as well. Craig got into high gear and got reservations for as many princess activities as he could including the coveted Anna and Elsa visit. In case you didn’t know, my husband is a Disney rock star. He got some of the best reservations last minute!
Anyway, Craig was nervous about taking Annabel by himself because the last time he flew with her by himself she was not great. OK, she screamed the.entire.flight. Long story short, they had a great time. Annabel was an absolute doll the entire time! Craig enjoyed his time by himself with his daughter and I had a great time at the house all by myself. I missed them like crazy.
They left early in the morning and I drove them to the airport. Even with the early morning flight, Annabel was in a great mood and ready to go!
And they arrive!
Their first stop after they got there was Hollywood Studios. Annabel loved the Disney Junior live presentation.
And she also loved the Toy Story ride but apparently she was more concerned about riding the ride and not playing the game….
They met a few characters while they were there including one of Annabel’s favorites – Princess Sofia.
It also just happened to be Star Wars weekend at Disney so there was lots of Star Wars related stuff. They found some Star Wars “characters” as well. Funny because Annabel’s favorite toy they brought home is Darth Goofy! And oh, look at that silly Donald the photo bomber!
Of course, Craig had to introduce Annabel to one of his favorite snacks. I think she is also a fan!
And more characters!
That night they had dinner at Hollywood Studios at the Sci-Fi dine inn and watched movies while they ate.
Monday Morning Magic Kingdom was on the agenda. Of course, Annabel wanted to wear her Elsa costume and Craig said that literally he had 4 people stop him and either ask him where he got it or ask if they could buy it from him! I am a little surprised he didn’t try to sell it off of Annabel’s back but I am thankful he didn’t!
Annabel has never really rode rides before. Dumbo was up first! Annabel was unsure at first but as you can see the before and after show that she thought Dumbo was OK!
Up next…..ANNA AND ELSA!!!! The wait was over 400 minutes. My superstar husband waited in line with Annabel for….8 minutes! And, Annabel loved it! She was so excited and Anna and Elsa were so nice to her. She also got to see Aurora in the same place.
More of the Star Wars gang at the Star Wars dinner:
The next morning on the agenda was the princess breakfast. Annabel was VERY excited about this! Of course Annabel was Snow White’s favorite. Afterall they are sisters – Snow White – Annabel White!
Next up – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Again, Annabel not too sure about it at first but she ended up loving it! And of course the Little Mermaid ride, her favorite!
Last morning of the trip was one last character breakfast before they headed home – Chef Mickeys!
And, this is how you know it was a successful trip! This was the plane ride home!
I am so thankful that Annabel and Craig got to spend this time together. I think that Father/Daughter time is so important. They had a great time and I am sure little mini trips like this will be in their future! Afterall, Annabel keeps saying over and over again that Daddy is going to take her to Disney World again!
this makes me so happy for her, I hope she grows up and they continue to do stuff just them. So so special.
ReplyDelete