Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let me tell you about our day...

WOW -- this has been one heck of a day and I am only writing this at noon!

Chad and I met Adelaide (Chad's girlfriend) and Ann at this new pottery place in The Woodlands. We wanted to do some gifts for the holidays and they have super cute gifts that kids can make involving their hand prints and foot prints.

First, let me say that Chad/Adeladie and Ann/Allison all make a pretty good team. Ann, kind of like me, is up for anything. We will try things at least once. Like myself, She also doesn't just like to just sit at home. Also, like myself, she likes to get her child out and let them experience new and exciting things and people. She is an attorney that also works from home so her schedule is flexible like mine. We met her and Adelaide at Gymboree when Chad and Adelaide were both 6 months old. We have become good friends and enjoy their company very much.

So, back to pottery. Although it is geared towards children, it is not the most kid friendly place. We did purchase a $15 piece of pottery that we did not intend to purchase under the, "you break it you buy it" policy. We got Chad's hand prints done and got out of there. I will go back to finish when I am kidless.

Since that only took 30 minutes, we decided to go and play at the chic-fil-a playground. There are never any kids there during the day (especially at 10:30am) so we knew it would nice and quiet. Until we got inside and realized that today was visit from the cookie monster day. The place was packed --asses to elbows and I am not even kidding! I did make Chad stand in line to take a picture with Cookie Monster and you can see he LOVED it!

Well, LOVED might have been a strong word. It was not so much that Chad was scared of cookie monster but he did not want to be held and he was really mad before we got to cookie monster because another kid had a cookie monster stuffed animal that Chad wanted. And, he wanted balloons. He wanted everything except to take photos with cookie monster. I am hoping that our Disney trip in 2 months goes a little better in regards to characters!
This afternoon, Chad and I are doing another art project with some friends. More pictures to come!
Wow, this has certainly been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment