In other White Family news, it just dawned on me a couple days ago that spring is going to be coming up and Chad is going to need an entire new wardrobe. I guess I should get used to that since he is growing like a weed. All of his summer things from last year are 6-12 months and this summer he will be in 18 months, possibly able to fit in some 12 month stuff. Luckily, I had $25 off at Gymboree so I got him a few things. And, I got a few size 2 jeans on sale at The Gap for next year. I need to try and catch a few more sales and try and get some winter stuff for next year. I guess that is the way to do it.
Walking is Chad's primary way of getting around -- no more crawling. And, he has started to be able to go up "bumps" without falling as well.
Some of Chad's favorite toys at this age include: dog food, cat litter, the cat (she is the most tolerant of Chad), dog poop, child safety locks (yes, he can get into one of our cabinets), Tupperware, grown up books that he can tear apart (He really likes one entitled Property Management from my bookcase in the office), cell phones, remote controls (he knows if they do not work and does not like those), shoes, his own socks, food that he can serve himself along with other peoples food, other peoples strollers, and pretty much anything else he is not supposed to touch. Grandma Marlene commented last time she saw him that he is a busy little boy and he CERTAINLY is!!!! (By the way, when I told my mom this, she just laughed and laughed and then said something to the effect of FINALLY, pay backs are hell!!!)
Chad got a second haircut today. Craig took him all by himself. This allowed me some time to myself to run errands and just be at the house by myself!!! It was so quiet. I did almost panic when I heard that Craig did not take the lunch bag with Chad's lunch but I guess they managed to eat at sonic and Craig came home and proclaimed, "Chad really likes tater tots."
Chad also likes to watch videos in the car now. My new car has a DVD system. He won't watch much TV at home (too much other stuff to do) but he will watch when we are in the car. GG just bought him some Baby Einstein DVD's that he is enjoying. He also really likes Blue Clues and does not care much for Fraggle Rock.
WOW!! I guess we have been busy! Time is flying by -- I am trying not to blink.
No comments:
Post a Comment